Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hi all,

I know I have been absent from writing for a few weeks. I have a confession to make...I'm in a bit of a slump right now. Just a slump. I can't even really call it writer's block, since the ideas in my head are flowing at a fair clip. No, I simply have no motivation.

It's a terrible state of affairs.

I open my manuscript. I write a few sentences here or there. Sometimes I even go back and fill in a few known plot holes. But really, I'm lucky to be writing 500 words a week, when I should be writing at least twice that much each day.

My slump will lift, this I know. I'm filling my time, instead, by catching up on some reading that I have neglected. My unread pile of books on my coffee table is becoming smaller, and I can feel myself rising out of the slump. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it. Slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment