Friday, April 1, 2016

Plot holes and rewriting

I have recently realized that I have a few plot holes in my story. Plot holes that are big enough to drive a Mack truck through. This is why it is good to send your work out to someone to edit and beta read before throwing it up online to self-publish. And here I thought I was almost done.


No...I'm really not almost done. I have had to go back and fill the plot holes, which has caused a few continuity issues. So, I have to go back and fix those. The worst part of this, I have found, is when I have a line that is so awesome I want more than anything to keep it...only it no longer fits the story. I can't move it around, because it won't make sense anywhere else. But it no longer makes sense within the new context of the story. Ugh! Cut it!


Heartbreaking, yes, but also necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment